Thoughts To Ponder

Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful. Mark Victor Hansen

Promotion September 2012

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly allows you to customize your photo book just the way you want.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The difference between I-85S and 185S..

So, Alaina has this brilliant idea...let's road trip to Callaway Garden's in Pine mountain, Georgia for Good Friday while the kids are out of school. Scott my handy dandy GPS made sure to print off maps both directions with step by step instructions on what roads to get on and in what order. Really, how hard could it be to follow a few simple steps?...
The trip to Callaway Gardens-no problem (exactly 1 1/2 hours) just like Scott told me....we had a blast, from watching a bird show to going through a butterfly habitat and having butterflies flying all over and around and on us, to playing on the beach and in the sand, to checking out the vegetable gardens, and the azalea's in bloom.....it was a perfect day...
Well, until about 3:55 PM which was our departure time to make it back in time for Riley's baseball game at 6:00. Plenty of time I thought and Dad, you would be proud I even built in an extra 30 minutes "fudge" factor for delays~ :)
So, we're heading down the road and I see 185S and think perfect, we're right on track...hmmmm something is not seeming quite right. I thought we were "just across" the Alabama border....now I'm seeing NO signs of the Alabama border and now I'm seeing signs that I clearly know are in GEORGIA and not ALABAMA.

What luck, about the time Scott calls to check on us he say's where are you honey? I tell him I'm crusin' along on 185S and there is DEAD silence on the phone...he says 185S not I-85S? I say yes I'm on 185S and then about the same time the highway ends...yes I said ENDS and I DEAD END RIGHT INTO FORT BENNING ARMY BASE IN COLUMBUS, GEORGIA!!!! Holy heck I am totally lost and in the WRONG state.

I truly wish I would have had pictures to show you of this journey, but at the time "Kodak" moments were NOT on my mind...finding my way home was a priority.

Thankfully Scott was still on the phone with me and through quite a lot of construction he was able to navigate me home safely.
So, lesson learned-details are VERY important especially when it's a 1 versus an I....oh, and yes we missed baseball, but then the tornado hit....stay tuned for the next blog update on "The tornado that touched down less than 1/2 mile from our house...
Here are a few pictures from Callaway Gardens...it was so fun to see the kids just running on the beach and laughing and not having a care in the world...despite getting lost it truly was the perfect day and I would do it again in a heart beat. Those moments you see pure joy and smiles and giggles are moments that forever stay in your heart~ :)

Riley's new friend-this amazing woman Carolyn who is a professional photographer in Africa!
Trying a new photo technique with my "teacher Carolyn" giving us photography tips~


What a cutie-he wants to be SOOOOOO big so bad!


Megan has sure spread her wings this year-I can't believe she's almost "double digits" as we refer to 10~



Momma wanted to sweeten the pot and get this road trip started with smiles so I totally went against my rules and gave them ice cream at 9am...but, WELL worth the results of a great day and good listening from two little monkeys~ :)















3 comments:

  1. You know. This is really an "I told you so!" moment. You should have done this trip as a family....but I am glad that you made it home and all was well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to buy a Garmin GPS! I won't go anywhere with out mine anymore. They are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You will remember this road trip forever and laugh about it. Sounds like quite the trip. I'm glad you made it home safely, even though you missed the ball game.

    ReplyDelete