Thoughts To Ponder

Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful. Mark Victor Hansen

Promotion September 2012

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly allows you to customize your photo book just the way you want.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Ring ring...Hello...Mrs. Fitzner I have your son Riley"


Meet Mr. Al~


So, those are words you DO NOT expect to hear on your cell phone from a total stranger named "Al",but today I got the call that "Al" had Riley at his house. My first thought was "who is this man" and oh my gosh what should I do and holy heck WHY do you have my son?

Well, then the story unfolds...."My name is Al and you have the most incredible son in the world. I am just amazed at how hard he is working"..I am thinking "working"???? So he continues..."you see your son rode his bike over to the construction site and has been helping the "guys" dig on the side of the road." About that time my heart sank and I thought where on earth did that boy run off too while Megan and I were inside working on a project. At this point I had heard enough-it was time to take action QUICK and go get our little CURIOUS GEORGE....

This man Al was the nicest older gentleman I have ever spoke too. He gave me a hug as soon as I got to his house and he was waiting outside for me watching Riley with his wife. They said that he was so entertaining they wanted to watch him and thought they should call Mom to see if she knew where he was. Yes, he did say he was going down the street, but this was a few more than a street or two.

I didn't know if I should be upset with him or proud of him because as I got there the guys gave him money. They said he was such a hard worker he needed to be paid. He was THRILLED because now he has golfing money to go on the driving range tomorrow and will not have to do chores to earn money.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Here we are in the last few weeks before moving and Riley has met a wonderful couple that wants to get to know him. I told them we were moving and they were very sad. They said that "Riley is a one of a kind"...now that I knew! :)

So, I thought you all would like to see some pictures from his adventure today....a character he is....and that is probably an understatement. I am just grateful that he was okay....

Not only did he "dig" with the guys, but he rode the equipment and they gave him a Gatorade....he was ONE COOL KID today! Can't wait to see what is on the "Riley Files" for tomorrow's agenda! I better get to bed so I am rested for the next "adventure!"

Love~A :)


Working hard for the money~$$


Okay Mommy this is REALLY SUPER COOL....the pool will have to wait this is too fun!


Nice outfit-love the "winter boots" for foot protection and notice the helmet-good job Buddy!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! Leave it to Riley. I have to agree with Al. Riley is definitely fun to watch. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete