Thoughts To Ponder

Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful. Mark Victor Hansen

Promotion September 2012

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly allows you to customize your photo book just the way you want.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Life changes at a moments notice





Dear Grandpa,

I wish I could have called to say goodbye, but you couldn't hear me...I wish you could have read my letters and cards and looked at the pictures I sent, but you couldn't see real well.....and I wish I would have been there to hold your hand as you drifted off to heaven......

So, I want you to know...

There really WAS a red fox on the bike trail that caused that little teeny issue with us on our bike trail adventure even though you and L.P. will forever think I made that up...really there was a RED fox!! ;)

It's best to roll UP the window when you and Grandma take you two grandchildren on a road trip to Banff Canada and pass by the street sprayers.

Ummm I think going to the grocery store goes better when you don't take BOTH your grand kids at the same time. ;) I was never the issue...it was always L.P. causing the problems-ha ha!

Scott is almost home and he will be safe soon. ♥

Stopping at Dairy Queen just makes for a better day!

Even though I always ask for a drink of your gin and tonic I will always spit it out and say YUCK!

Playing cribbage on the deck with you and making homemade ice cream was the perfect afternoon. ♥

You always had the best tomato plants in your back yard and Mom really loved that you would ship her tomatoes boxes of tomatoes every year.

Uncle Steve will miss you at the Issac Walton League and Aunt JoAnne will miss you coming over for dinner.

L.P. will miss having someone to make stilts and go carts with.

Dad will miss grilling on the patio and drinking a beer with you.

How about the REAL home made ice cream....that is something I wish our kids could have experienced...it just doesn't get any better than using the ice cream maker from the olden days. :)

Well, I could go on forever.....I will always be your "Dolly" and I will cherish the times you turned on the record player and we danced around the dining room and I stood on your feet to "our song."

Grandpa, thank you for your love, patience, and the way you filled our lives with joy.

You will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment